Sunshine today, I gotta make plans 'cause it rained yesterday,
but that's okay, can't complain. I love it either way.
Living everyday like it's my last, I refuse to get stuck in the past.
People acting like machines 'cause their scared to live their dreams,No not me. I just enjoy and celebrate...enjoy, appreciate".
From the lyrics of an unreleased Janet song come the words that literally describe how I'm living this morning as sunrise peaks through the curtains. It is literally 7 am and after yesterday's cleansing rain I am reminded just how blessed I am to experience another sunrise, a new day to appreciate.
And as this 2008 Thanksgiving day awakens just what is this blogger thankful for? Honestly, a thousand tongues couldn't sing it all, but I'm willing to share just a few. Here goes:
- Life. Millions didn't make it, but I am one of those who did. By the grace of God I am here, still living, still pursuing dreams and aspirations. Morning by morning new mercies I see. All that I have needed God has provided, great is God's faithfulness unto me.
- Personal Growth. If living and working in this fickle industry has taught me nothing else, it has given me a stronger faith. Jobs come and go. Resources often appear few and sometimes people will try you. But I've learned that every challenge is a pop quiz in faith and a new opportunity to exercise some Divine power within.
- Friends. It's word we use everyday and most of the time we use it in the wrong way. I've been blessed with some amazing REAL friends, not just LinkedIn, Facebooked, MySpaced associates who merely want to connect. I mean 911, what's the 411?, I need a "1-on-1" friends that keep me encouraged, informed, and are on speed dial when the bottom seems to fall out or when the blessing is so good I have to share it.
- Blog visitors and subscribers. Sometimes I'm quite surprised by who tells me they read something or saw a video here they liked. It confirms I'm on the right track with this web thing. What was created out of frustration has turned into something useful and opened doors to me I never thought of. So to every publicist, client, subscriber, occasional visitor, and commenter, THANK YOU :-)
- New Camera. Somewhere in an earlier post this year or last, I stated I needed a professional camera. Well ask and it shall be given! I got it a few months ago and it's been put to good use. However, ain't nothing changed about appearing on camera. Behind the lens is where I'll stay. I'm a little shy. Lol!
- For What's To Come. I'm so thankful that I've learned the power of thinking and speaking positively, though old negative habits are hard to break. So I am also thankful for blessings to come like a new fully loaded Macbook Pro, one or two successful online businesses, that dream work opportunity, a new house, and the list goes on and on.