So, here's 10 of my favorite posts of 2008 in no particular order. If you're interview or event is not listed, please don't be mad. There's over a 100 posts for a committee of one to look through! Blame the head not the heart as the saying goes.
1. 2008 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Interviews: Being camera-less didn't stop a blogger from capturing the highlights from the carpet with pics and interviews--Taraji P. Henson, Rockmund Dunbar, Journee Smollett, and Rick Fox just to name a few. I even got the scoop on Tyler Perry's "The Family That Preys" several months in advance of its release.
2. The 2008 NAACP Image Awards After Party post. I had so much fun! How could I not with Stevie Wonder and Doug E. Fresh performing live on stage? Thank God there's no video of me going down that Soul Train line!
3. BlackNLA Ski Weekend in Mammoth: There's no love lost between me and cold weather, but every now and again I break of out my comfort zone for a new experience. There's no evidence of me falling in the snow and ice, but there's plenty to see of us heating things up at the lodge.
4. GLAAD Media Awards Red Carpet: I covered this because I knew most black press wouldn't. I was right. It was a challenge as a blogger getting a place on the carpet, but I got it. My reward? Great interviews with great actors and special honorees, Wilson Cruz, Janet Jackson, and other notable actors.
5. Publicist Roz Stevenson, In Her Own Words: There's a lot to be learned from Hollywood veterans like retired film publicist, Roz Stevenson. But too often we pass right by them in hot pursuit of the new next best thing and miss amazing stories and opportunities. Mrs. Roz is a great story teller. From "Lady Sings The Blues" and "Good Times" to the Academy Awards, how she became one of the most sought after film publicist in Hollywood is definitely worth listening to. I promise you'll learn something and laugh while you do it.
6. Victoria Rowell's High Tea at Noon and Fashion Show. I love hats and every year Victoria Rowell's High Tea showcases some of the best of them while raising money for foster children. It's definitely one of my favorite events of the year. And just recently I met a fabulous man who actually designs hats named Alakazia of Le Chapeau Designs. Check out his collection and the launch of his charity to help feed LA's homeless at this link.
7. ASCAP's 21 st Annual Rhythm & Soul Awards: I love music, especially R&B music and it was really great not only interviewing artist like Musiq, Akon, Kelly Price, and MC Lyte but also the faceless writers and producers of the biggest hits performed by them.
8. Comic-Con 2008: Want to see your favorite comic book characters jump off the page and convene in the flesh in one big room? Comic Con is the conference for you. There were definitely some sights to behold in San Diego that weekend. I was there not to participate but to do an interview with Method Man about his new comic book of the same name. Once official biz was over, I couldn't resist capturing some of the scene.
9. Rock Witchu Tour Toronto: On my way to interview LL Cool J in Toronto while he was on tour with Janet, I had the most interesting conversation with the limo driver. To my surprise he'd never heard of either artist. WHAT! So get in the backseat with me as he and I discuss the universal language of music.
10. Hennessy & Honey Collective Party: I have no qualms flaunting my taste in music. And this party served the best in Hip Hop I've experienced in a long time. Doug E. Fresh, McLyte, D-Nice, and YoYo just to name a few. Roll the video!